Getting AroundGetting Around It's possible and fascinating to spend days simply strolling the nation's largest Landmark Historic District. But with so much more to see, you might opt for other transportation:
Trolley ToursSavannah offers a variety of Trolley Tours. One of the best ways to learn about the Downtown Historic District’s history is to take one of the many Trolley Tours available. Most Trolley Tours offer the on/off pass, so you are able to explore the city on your own and get back on the trolley as you please!
CAT ShuttleThe fare-free CAT Shuttle connects to most CAT routes serving Savannah and Chatham County GA. It offers convenient service from downtown hotels, inns and the Savannah Visitor Information Center to Savannah’s historic sites, squares, River Street, Savannah Belles Ferry, houses of worship and many other attractions throughout the year. The fare-free CAT Shuttle is comfortable and climate-controlled for all-weather service and all vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
DOT is a COMPLIMENTARY service of the Savannah Mobility Management System – a public-private partnership created to help visitors, residents and commuters get around downtown in an interlinked system designed to enhance the Savannah Experience while reducing traffic and parking congestion.
- Thursday-Saturday: Noon-8 p.m.
- Authentic 1930s Melbourne, 54-passenger streetcar updated with environmentally-friendly green technology
- Seven stops along Historic River Street between Montgomery Street and the Waving Girl Landing
- Fully ADA-Accessible
- New 30-passenger shuttle vehicles
- 20 minutes or less wait between shuttles
- Serving 10 stops around the Historic District
- Connecting to municipal parking facilities, Visitor Centers, Streetcar and Ferry
- Operating 7 days a week, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Fully ADA-Accessible
- Modern passenger-only ferries, reminiscent of vessels seen in the harbor a century ago
- Named for Savannah’s “Belles”— strong women who shaped the city’s history
- Connecting downtown with Hutchinson Island and the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
- Operating 7 days a week, from 7 a.m. to Midnight from the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center Landing (on Hutchinson Island adjacent to the Westin Savannah
- Harbor Golf Resort & Spa) to City Hall Landing below City Hall adjacent to Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel
- Waving Girl Landing in Morrell Park adjacent to the Savannah Marriott Riverfront Hotel
Historic District Map
Tybee Island Map